Jennifer W Dsj

| map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I have called & went to Fairless hills location explaining my situation that I can't pay membership. I'm not working & there's no money. I was told to contact ASF. They have nothing to do with membership. Went back to fairless hills Tim said nothing he can do. Now I put a hold on my checking account because there's no money & they're still trying to take money out after I said to both there's no money. On top I'm being charged $20 late fee. They don't cancel me & stop charging me I will go to better business bearu & contact a lawyer. They are blowing smoke & I'm not happy at all
Reggie S Zim

Cancel membership

Good afternoon, Im emailing you guys because I would like to cancel my gym membership at this time with urge. Please and thank you!
Pros:
  • Great exercise machines
Cons:
  • Long process of canceling membership

Preferred solution: I would like to cancel my membership.

User's recommendation: Make sure you guys are really wanting to start a membership with urge, canceling a membership is a long process

Sean M Hzd

Billing

I got stuck with a family plan paying for a family that got a restraining order against me and since it was at the end of the year I was expected to pay $240 in a month and a half. But I'm told nothing can be done about anything
Loss:
Pros:
  • Clean
Cons:
  • Insane abholdance to contract

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Remember their contracts hold more legal standing than a restraining order

Anthony c Kkf

Horrible hidden fees

Lied about being stuck in the contract. Hidden 2 months charge be4 cancelation... extra fees fir gym maintenance..shoul
Cons:
  • Hidden fees bad contract

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Avoid at all cost

Asia B Rdd

| map-marker Edgewater Park, New Jersey

Incorrect charges

Im still being charged after bringing paperwork to be excused after Ankle injury. My lawyer will be in contact
Pros:
  • Local
Cons:
  • Incorrect charges

Preferred solution: Debt deletion

Hassan E Etq

Stretching cancellation/refund

Hello,

My name is Hassan and I am a member at the Urge gym located in Fairless Hills. I was reaching out as I was looking to cancel the stretching that I added to my membership.

I have asked my gym manager Tim Malen to cancel this addition multiple times since December and nothing has been done. I have record of me emailing him multiple times requesting to not be charged for this addition however I continue to be charged for this. Please remove this addition from my membership and I would like the money I have been charged since December totaling to 282 dollars to be refunded to me.

This situation is absolutely ridiculous and I am completely unsatisfied with how this has been handled by my local gym. Please provide confirmation that this has been completed.

Change credit card

hi, I lost my credit card and I got a new card. I need to update my card information! can you please contact me

Unsatisfaction

Constant charges after bringing in dr paper work to excuse me for a month. Staff showed no effort to solve issue.
map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Want to cancel membership and complaint

Im a member of urge fitness in Fairless hills. My name Frank harak phone number 215 303**** account 101****.

I also have my son enrolled in day care program His name Jaxson Hoffman. Anyways my second year at the gym ends in may few months away I want to cancel my membership at that day Im giving legal notice of today 3-7-23 when my year is up in may I no longer want to be a member at urge fitness no more billing this is my legal notice. Now for the situation at hand today I had a run in with the gm at the Fairlesshills location. He said he was the gm I dont know his name.

So the lights go out And he ask me to leave the boxing area where Im in the middle of work out. We had words im leaving my jump rope almost hit him and he ask If Im trying hit him with it which is complete accident. Since I had to quickly gather my stuff. so I said I should but Im not giving him smart *** answer for his smart *** remark anyway his little *** *** says youre out of my gym and supposedly ended membership immediately.

Honestly that perfectly fine with me but I dont want to my bank account to charge again for remaining few months. Honestly I wanted to end my membership since i basically resign up since I had multiple issue with billing cause over the last incompetent manager who sign me up. who supposedly mess up lots of people account at that time . He since been Gone however I still got bad taste in my mouth.

considering every time I called u cant speak to anyone from the service provider urge fitness uses to handle there billing. they say that only certain people are allowed to talk to urge customers which theyre never available. I dealt with that in inconveniences for few weeks till it finally got fixed. I even made a yelp review about how horrible the gym billing was at that time to prove Im not just making this up after the fact.

Then recently I would make sure that the boxing area was open through my member account application. even tho its suppose to be open a trainer would give me a hard time and few times had me leave saying she training a client despite the my member account saying its open. This went on for few weeks before the gm who ended my membership today finally said something to her. Also my son recently been diagnosed impetigo if your not familiar its contagious skin rash but yet the only place my son been is the gym day care.

which is my next complaint the cleanliness of the club. There no where near enough sanitation station the one dryer in the mens room hasnt work in a year no paper towels ever in the bathroom. I been the bathroom numerous times no toilet paper especially on weekends. So considering every thing I prefer to wash our hands of the situation u cancel my membership no more billing at all and Ill take business some where else.

Now if that truly not possibility cause it seems ur billing department is trash. Ill finish the membership till the end date and will allow to be billed only three more times and then Ill take my business else where.

However if u end my membership continue to bill me Ill simply dispute with the bank use this as proof and report you to better business bureau. So let me know how you want to handle this situation.

User's recommendation: Go to la fitness why better value and gym

map-marker Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania

Charged my credit card with out my conscent

As per their policy, I sent a certified letter to Request to Cancel My Automatic Renewal. As soon as they received my letter, they canceled my contract and charged my credit card over $1,000.00.

When I called the gym, the Manager would not take my calls, told the girl on the phone, it was out of his hands to contact corporate. No one answers the phone when you call corporate. I sent emails to Urge Fairless Hills, and they just replied with same BS. First of all, I sent a request to not have my account Automatically renewed per their policy.

And they charged my credit card illegally with out my permission. Per their contract on page 2, number 2 - if the regular payment should vary in the amount, they are entitled to notice you at least 10 days. I was not given any notice, they just charged my account and cancelled my contract. I was getting no where and threatening emails because I advised them I have disputed the charge on my card.

They informed me if I did not un dispute the charge on my credit card, I would incure late fees. So with that said, nothing was getting done properly to correct their error on canceling my Automatic Renewal. I have sent a letter to the Bureau of Consumer Protection and I have just hired a Lawyer to represent me. I was wrongfully charged and treated very unprofessional by Urge Fitness of Fairless Hills.

They do not put the customer first, when you try to cancel your contract.

I would not recommend this gym and to find a gym where you are not locked into a contract. This company makes their money on people who try to cancel their contract and can't and then get charged the balance of the contract with late fees.

User's recommendation: Make sure your read the contract before you sign up. But the contract is a binder at the front desk the managers just reads, then you sign digitally. Make sure you know you are signing a 1 year contract that automatically renews. If you don't cancel your automatic renewal, you are locked in for another year.

Lawrence P Jox

Verified Buyer

| map-marker New York, New York

Can't Cancel

Urge Fitness - Can't Cancel
Urge Fitness - Can't Cancel - Image 2
I've been incarcerated since 12/12. I never got a chance to used my membership. I wrote Urge fitness a letter in January asking them to cancel my membership and could they stop any further reaccuring charges. I get an email for a charge of $221 and one for $350. I'm getting charged for Aprils membership but March billing date isn't even here yet.

User's recommendation: Join another gym

Lawrence P Jox

| map-marker Edgewater Park, New Jersey

Can't Cancel membership

Im incarcerated and I tried calling to get my account cancelled but instead of the Edgewater Park urge fitness supervisor assisting with the cancellation due to the circumstances he told me I had to send a certified letterjkin another gym
Cons:
  • You may not be able to cancel they way they want you to cancel

Preferred solution: My membership cancelled and my bill wiped away

map-marker Berlin, New Jersey

Wrong billing

Yes I closed the membership and they still charged me late fees and yearly memberships for months after
Roseann B Olf

Cancellation

I tried canceling several times within a month and half, when I went up on weekend because it's the only time I'm available they can't cancel on weekend. During the week, I leave work at 6pm when they're not available, uncalled-for. I was asked to leave work early to cancel, I can't do that unless urge fitness wants to pay me for time I lose. This place is a joke.

Preferred solution: Cancel

User's recommendation: Don’t do it

map-marker Lawrence Township, New Jersey

Billing complaint

I am a current member of Urge Fitness, Ewing, NJ. I just recently joined a few months back.

I started off signing up only for the $30 a month membership and then signed up for the Elite membership, which includes several classes a week. Recently Ive been experiencing a lot of pain in my back due to a laminectomy/discectomy surgery I had not long ago. Being that my doctor instructed me I can no longer partake in those classes.

I informed the gym I needed to cancel the Elite contract. I was told my only options are to pay the remaining balance of the price up until next year or continue with monthly payments of $63.

Shelly S Lvn

Aggressive, exploitive cancellation policies

I signed up for a month-to-month membership with this gym and tried to cancel after a little less than a month because I was completely unsatisfied but was told that I had to give a 60-day notice of cancellation. Now when I initially signed up, I was not given a copy of the contract until after I signed each section on their electronic pad.

They presented me with a binder that had it and the salesperson glossed over all seven pages (itty bitty font that I couldn't even read without squinting) in a matter of seconds without verbally mentioning this clause at all. My husband and I were both there and cant remember the salesman talk about it nor the other sketchy things hidden in the legal jargon like that they can use my image or likeness at any time, they have the right to modify clauses anytime, but I dont, etc.

I recognize I should have asked for a copy to take home and read through it in all its arduous detail, (then never join in the first place) but working full time I really did not have the time and thought Urge Fitness was a reputable place that didnt unethically and shamelessly engage in petty cash grab tactics such as this; especially considering the fact that I paid an extra 10 dollars per month to sign up for a month to month no-commitment membership. Its misleading, completely unethical, and just unfair.

As a consumer I feel common sense and decency has gone out the window with these places.

To me it makes no sense to have to give them two months of advance notice that Im quitting their gym for a membership that was advertised to me as month to month when they can change the terms of the contract at any time for any reason. They hide behind a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo and get away with these kinds of exploitive and predatory practices consequence free.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Aggressive cancellation policies

Preferred solution: A promise of full cancellation. A letter saying that I don't have to pay them anymore after they get 1 more month and their annual maintenance fee.

User's recommendation: Don't sign up in the first place

Guest

There is absolutely nothing subjective about the fact that I signed up for a “month to month” membership, even paid extra for a “non commit” option and then was legally bound to pay for three plus months even though I wanted to leave after one. It’s shady no matter how Urge Fitness tries to spin it. Here’s the subjective part: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, these people don’t know how to run a business and they are literally just shameless cash grabbers.

Guest

Same here. Dealing with it now.

View more comments (1)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article